I would make this every week if I had the money to buy fresh scallops. Other than that, the ingredients are pretty simple.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, honey, mustard, vinegar and red pepper flakes.
Pat scallops dry with paper towels then heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook scallops, flipping once, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to a large plate.
Reduce heat to medium low, then carefully add tamari-honey mixture to skillet and simmer briefly until reduced to a glaze. Return scallops to skillet and toss well to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.