I LOVE this meal because it’s so easy to balance everything so that your main dish and the side are ready to serve hot. Sometimes it’s difficult to perfect the timing so that everything is ready to serve at the same time. This was super easy, super fast, and super tasty! I made this for my mom because she absolutely loves pork chops. It was my first experience with cooking pork on a skillet and it turned out very well!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 well-trimmed bone-in pork rib chops (about 2 pounds; each 1 inch thick)
Then, in a small bowl, whisk together broth and tomato paste. Pour mixture into skillet; stir in beans. Turn up the heat until it starts to bubble, then turn the heat down low and allow it to simmer, stirring occasionally, until beans are coated evenly and sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes.