Hi, my name is Carissa, and I’m addicted to pumpkin.
My little obsession inspired me to host a pumpkin party with a few of my friends. All the food I made had pumpkin in it! I decided to make pumpkin dip, pumpkin corn bread, turkey pumpkin chili, and pumpkin cupcakes with pumpkin cream cheese frosting.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon frozen orange juice concentrate
In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in the pumpkin. Stir in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and orange juice until smooth and well blended. Chill until serving.
For serving, we sliced red apples. Maddie picked out some graham cracker snacks that went so well with the dip as well!
Pumpkin corn bread
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8 by 8 inch cake pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, brown sugar, and cornmeal; set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the eggs, and then stir in the pumpkin, oil, and molasses. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined, and then pour the batter into the pan, smoothing the top. Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground white or dark meat turkey
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs at room temperature and lightly beaten
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda and set aside. In a medium bowl blend eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin puree. Add in flour mixture until well combined followed by shredded carrots and coconut flakes. Pour in to lined cupcake tins ⅔ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes until cake tester comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.