Brie is one of my favorite types of cheese. Not to mention I love squash, so the combination of flavors in this sandwich are awesome. Nothing better than melted cheese over nicely toasted bread.
- 2 zucchini or medium yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 thick-cut slices bread
- 1 large garlic clove, split
- 10 ounces Brie cheese, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 1 cup sunflower, radish or other sprouts
Preheat the oven to broil.
Brush squash with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil, turning once or twice, until tender and nicely browned, 6 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
Put bread on a baking sheet and broil until just lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Rub bread on both sides with garlic; discard garlic. Cover tops of slices with Brie; place in the oven and broil until the cheese is somewhat melted, then remove from oven.
Top with squash, tomatoes and sprouts. Cut each sandwich in half and serve.