I have been looking for the perfect recipe to make with my mint chocolate chips. I’ll admit, since this is a no-bake cheesecake, the cheese part is pretty strong. But combined with the fluffy whipped cream and chocolate, it makes the perfect refreshing dessert (in my opinion!)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened (or neufchatel, a non-fat alternative)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon pure peppermint extract
- 1 (8 ounce) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 12 Andes Creme de Menthe Cookies, finely chopped or mint chocolate chips in the baking section of the grocery store
In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add in the extracts and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the whipped topping until until it is fully incorporated into the cream cheese mixture. Fold in mint chocolate cookies.
Spoon the filling into a pastry bag or large zip top bag. Snip enough of the end off the bag to allow you pipe the mixture into your desired serving glasses. I alternated layers of the cookies and cream cheese mixture with chopped cookies.
If desired, garnish with additional whipped topping and chopped cookies.