I love cooking fish because it takes very little time and effort! I came home Friday after an extremely busy week, but still had time to cook this for dinner. I’m trying to slowly introduce the room mate to fish and she enjoyed this one!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cod filets
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (9-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh sage or 1 tablespoon dried
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium high heat. Sear halibut until golden brown, about 4 to 6 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside. Add onions and garlic to the pan, and sauté until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, and red peppers; stir to combine. Nestle halibut into the pan, and simmer until fish is flaky and cooked all the way through, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in sage, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.