I feel like with the weather getting a bit cooler I’ve been in the mood to make soups. This soup is flavorful and creamy. I loved the fresh rosemary, you could really taste the flavor in the soup.
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 lb chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, mashed
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary and thyme, finely chopped
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
Begin by sauteeing the sliced mushrooms along with the onion, garlic and rosemary and thyme in the canola oil in a large pot. Cook the mushrooms for 5-7 minutes on a high heat.
Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add the cream cheese and allow it to melt. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup in the pan. Simmer for a further 5-10 minutes then serve immediately.