- 1 pie crust
- 5 stalks rainbow Swiss chard, chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 big leaves of rainbow Swiss chard, chopped into thin strips
- A sprig of thyme
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and cream. Add the chard to the mixture.
Brush mustard over the pie shell and sprinkle with the cheddar cheese evenly. Pour in the egg/chard mixture.
Bake in the center of an oven for about 35 minutes, or until cooked. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve immediately (if you would like to make ahead, let cool, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.