I love a good soup, and this one is perfect for summer.
- 1 pound asparagus, stalks sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato, cut in 2 inch chunks (a regular potato will work too)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 leek, trimmed, cleaned and sliced
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Toss the asparagus, sweet potato and garlic cloves in olive oil and spread it out on a baking sheet lined with foil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the asparagus and sweet potatoes are just fork tender. Remove from oven and reserve asparagus tips. Peel the skin from the sweet potatoes and garlic cloves and discard.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat and add the leeks and the roasted garlic. Cook until the leeks are transparent. Add the asparagus stalks and sweet potatoes, along with the chicken broth and curry powder. Bring to a low boil, then using an immersion blender, puree the soup. Serve with your favorite garnish.