It’s October. That means it’s perfectly fine to start busting out the pumpkin. If you know me, you know I love ANYTHING and EVERYTHING pumpkin. I also happen to be a huge fan of pecan pie. So I combined them both in this amazing dessert.
- 3 eggs, divided
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- dash salt
- 2/3 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 prepared deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 350°.
In small bowl, combine one egg, pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Spread in pie crust.
In medium bowl, beat remaining two eggs slightly. Stir in corn syrup and remaining 2/3 cup sugar, the butter and vanilla; stir until well blended. Stir in pecans. Carefully spoon over pumpkin mixture.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until filling is set around edge. Cool pie completely on wire rack.