I made my own chicken stock a while ago and kept it in the freezer. I finally was able to use it for this recipe. But since homemade chicken stock is a lot thicker than what you buy in the store, the end product was more like a stew. Regardless, I was happy with how it turned out.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 small yellow onion
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 cups chicken broth
- 1 package of pasta
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
Put oil in pan over medium heat. Add carrots, parsnips and onion and saute for about 7 minutes. Add chicken and saute another 5 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil.
Add noodles. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 15 minutes. Stir in parsley, salt and pepper.