Happy Friday and TGIF! These bell pepper tacos are perfect to make quickly before going out for Friday night fun, and will last you all weekend!
- 4 bell peppers (any color, I chose an assortment because it looked pretty 🙂 but it’s according to taste because some colors are sweeter than others)
- 1 package ground turkey (or ground beef)
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- ¼c cilantro, minced for serving
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp chipotle pepper
- olive oil
- ½c cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can enchilada sauce
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add ground turkey, add salt, pepper, chipotle pepper and cook until brown.
In the meantime, using a paring knife, cut the stem out of the top of the bell pepper, scoop out any seeds on the inside, and cut the peppers in half. Microwave the peppers for about 3 minutes to soften slightly. (Prepared this way, the peppers should come out crisp-tender. If you want them crisper, you can omit this step.)
Pour cooked turkey into a mixing bowl. Stir in black beans, tomato, green chiles, and enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with cheeses, reserving a bit for serving, if desired.
Arrange the bell pepper halves into a baking dish and using a spoon, scoop the meat mixture into the bell peppers.
Cover the pan with foil and bake at 400 degrees 15 minutes. Serve immediately, topping with additional cheese and cilantro.
Have a great weekend!