- 1-1/4 pound Ground Chuck (I used ground turkey)
- 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 8 ounces Egg Noodles
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1-1/4 cup Small Curd Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup Sliced Green Onions (less To Taste)
- 1 cup Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Brown ground meat in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add tomato sauce. 1/2 teaspoon salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Cook egg noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Add plenty of ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir. Add green onions and stir.
To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the grated cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
Or you can freeze, then bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes!