I love roasted vegetables. It is the perfect, easy side to any main dish. I had a couple of pork chops in the freezer and needed something to go along.
You can really use your preferred medley, but this is what I used:
- 3 potatoes (can be your favorite, red or russet, etc.) cubed into inch thick pieces
- 2 squash or zucchini, rinsed and cut into inch thick pieces
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and cut into thin slices
- 1 lb green beans, canned or fresh (cut off the ends, then cut the beans into bite size pieces)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tsp dried thyme, or 3 tsp fresh if you have it
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and roast for 45- 50 minutes. And that’s IT!!