I normally don’t post a lot of salad recipes because I usually throw together whatever I have in the fridge, but this one is definitely worth sharing. The cashews give it a nice crunch and goes really well with the dressing.
Stay tuned for the amazing quinoa cake recipe that is also in the picture. The two go together perfectly! I’ll post soon 🙂
For the salad:
- 1 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1/2 small head red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 cup snow peas, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons water
Combine the cabbages, carrots, snow peas, avocado and half the herbs in a large bowl.
Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a separate bowl, adding more water to thin if necessary.
Toss the cabbage mixture with the peanut sauce and top with the reserved herbs, cashews and sesame seeds.