Who said fish had to taste so fishy? If you’re looking to add more fish to your diet but are not a huge fan of the fishy flavor, especially with salmon, this recipe is your new best friend. Not to mention you’re getting all sorts of great fats with the omega threes from the fish and the good fats that are in avocados. This meal will leave you feeling satisfied and full.
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil (I used light extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- juice from 2 limes (salmon)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes (for guacamole)
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
Mix the salt, cilantro, chili powder, onion and black pepper together, rub the salmon fillets with olive oil and lime juice and this seasoning mix. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Place in the oven and bake for 40 minutes.
Combine the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well, chill until ready to use.
Remove salmon from the oven, top with avocado salsa and enjoy!